Canadian Armenian Student Associations call for Armenia PM to resign
Press release: Armenian Students Association of University of Montreal (AÉAUM), Concordia Armenian Student Union (CASU), ARF Armen Karo Armenian Student Association (AKOM)
Subject: Signature of the ceasefire agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh between the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Azerbaijan and Russian Federation
Recently, Armenia’s and Artsakh’s populations have raised concerns about the ceasefire agreement signed on November 10, 2020 by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the President of the Russian Federation.
The terms of the agreement, signed by the Pashinyan Government, do not conform to the interests of the people of the Republic of Artsakh who are currently subjected to forced deportation inside the Republic of Armenia.
This agreement was unilaterally signed without consulting neither the President of the Republic, nor the numerous leaders of the political factions of the Armenian National Assembly. It has brought total humiliation to the Armenian Statehood and imposed a total capitulation on the victims of the Turkish-Azerbaijani aggression.
The Armenian Nation and the Armenian Diaspora altogether were utterly astonished as they received this news.
Considering the urgency to unify as one entity and rectify the terms concluded in this tripartite agreement,
Believing that the vital interests of the Armenian Nation and the strategic interests of the Armenian Republics have not been thoroughly scrutinized by the Pashinyan Government in the signing of this ceasefire agreement,
Expecting the cooperation of the Pashinyan Government with all implicated parties, including the intellectual class and the Armenian extra-parliamentary forces,
– Emphasize the illegitimacy of this agreement which cannot become the basis for negotiations in the establishment of a durable and a lasting peace in the conflict inside the South Caucasus;
– Call for the resignation of Prime Minister Pashinyan, responsible for the signing of this illegitimate that counters vital interests of the Armenian State;
– Supports the establishment of a national unity Government, which includes the coalition of the seventeen Armenian political parties, in addition to the entire intellectual and politico-military class inside and outside of Armenia;
– Note with concern the absence of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs in the establishment of this ceasefire agreement, in particularly the delegation of France and the United States of America;
– Remind the Armenian leadership to prioritize the security, the right to self-determination and the status of the Republic of Artsakh in the future negotiations;
– Call on the Armenian leadership to defend the territorial integrity of the Republic of Armenia, including the backbone of the Armenian state, namely the province of Syunik.
We express our support for the movement led by the coalition of the seventeen political parties in Armenia. We are with you.
Executive Committees of
Armenian Students Association of University of Montreal (AÉAUM),
Concordia Armenian Student Union (CASU),
ARF Armen Karo Armenian Student Association (AKOM)
November 14, 2020