UAF Shipped $26 Million of Aid to Armenia and Artsakh in 12 Months

UAF Shipped $26 Million of Aid to Armenia and Artsakh in 12 Months 



– The United Armenian Fund delivered $26 million of humanitarian assistance to Armenia and Artsakh from October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013, according to a recent audit of its financial statements.

The UAF spent only 1% of its total revenues on administrative expenses, allocating the remaining 99% to assisting the people of Armenia and Artsakh, according to the audit.

The UAF itself collected $18 million of medicines and other supplies donated by several charities, including Direct Relief International ($9.1 million), AmeriCares ($6.7 million), Catholic Medical Mission Board ($1.3 million), Feed the Children Fund ($504,000), MAP International ($283,000) and Health Partners International of Canada ($95,000).

Other organizations which contributed valuable goods during this period were: World Vision – US ($2 million), Armenian Christian Mission of Australia ($613,000), Society for Orphaned Armenian Relief ($564,000), Knights of Vartan ($354,000), Armenian Lighthouse Charitable Foundation ($277,000), ARDA Organization ($250,000), Garni Foundation ($231,000), Focus on Children Now ($213,000), St. Vartanants Armenian Apostolic Church of Mahwah, NJ ($201,000), Dr. Stephen Kashian of Winnetka, IL ($200,000), Project Agape ($178,000), Armenian EyeCare Project ($157,000), Dr. Nishan Goudsouzian ($155,000), Politechnico di Milano ($154,000), Birthlink of U.K. ($145,000), Foundation SemraPlus of Switzerland ($127,000), Juliette Serabian of France ($127,000), Dr. Peter Kojian ($106,000), Medical Lions Club of France ($101,000), and Dr. Israel Charny ($100,000).

Also contributing major supplies were: Armenian Missionary Association of America ($93,000), Achot Schemavonian/Association de Soutien aux Patriotes

Armeniens of France ($93,000), Armenian Relief Society – West ($91,000), Saint Lazare Order of France ($85,000), Dr. Vartkes Najarian ($73,000), Friends of Armenia ($72,000), International Medical Outreach ($71,000), Pyunik Charitable Foundation ($62,000), ARPA Institute ($52,000), Canadian Blood Services ($50,000), Armenian International Ophthalmic Association ($44,000), Michael Ohanian ($37,000), Hrach Gevrikyan ($30,000), Free Wheelchair Mission ($29,000), Armenia Fund USA ($28,000), Hologic Corporation ($25,000), and Howard Karagheusian Commemorative Corp. ($24,000).

In the past 24 years, the UAF has delivered to Armenia and Artsakh a grand total of $679 million worth of relief supplies on board 158 airlifts and 2,115 sea containers, as of the last fiscal year ending on September 30, 2013.

The UAF is the collective effort of the Armenian General Benevolent Union, Armenian Missionary Association of America, Armenian Relief Society, Diocese of the Armenian Church of America, and Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America.

For more information, contact the UAF office at 1101 North Pacific Avenue, Suite 204, Glendale, CA 91202 or call (818) 241-8900.


1101 N. Pacific Avenue # 204

Glendale, CA 91202

Tel:  818.241.8900

Fax:  818.241.6900

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.